I’m Steph Jang, and I’m working on helping people reprogram themselves to achieve their goals.
My personal mission is to equip myself and others with the tools, know-how, and support to become more compassionate and competent human beings.
Why? To turbocharge humanity’s ability to solve our biggest problems (e.g., inequality, disease — including mental illness, terrorism, climate change) and establish a more peaceful, equitable, self-actualized society.
After three growth-filled years as a software engineer at Khan Academy (where I had the distinct privilege of working alongside some of the most capable and kind people in the world), I’m leaving in mid-2015.
I will be spending 1 year running experiments and working on projects designed to bolster my ultimate odds of succeeding at my long-term mission.
Specifically, my work will include (but is not limited to):
- Optimizing my health and habits
- Doing deliberate practice on the skill of developing product-market fit
- Testing hypotheses I have about how to help people reprogram themselves for success
I think of it as a year-long free Master’s program, custom-tuned to my needs and interests. A steal, right?!
Here are the domains I’ve been studying and on which I’ll double down during the coming months:
- Optimizing physical health (sleep, exercise, diet)
Mind (operating system)
- Mindset change / psychology
- Various therapy modalities (psychoanalysis, CBT/DBT, MBSR, EMDR)
- Mindfulness & meditation
- Behavior change
- Behavioral economics
Domain-specific skills (applications)
- Customer development / user research
- Lean product development
- Launching products
If you’re interested in following my journey or otherwise supporting me, subscribe to my email newsletter, where I’ll share the best of what I’ve been learning and pointers to resources I’ve found disproportionately helpful, to help you in your journey.
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/stephjang
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/stephjang
- Clarity.fm*: https://clarity.fm/stephjang
*For consulting or advice. Email me if the cost is prohibitive, and we can work something out.